Monday, April 6, 2009

Part 2 Redo

The day came at long last and was gone. The rescheduled Olathe Marathon was run this last Saturday and I participated in the 5k race. After all my talk over the last month I was able to complete the run with a time of 39:18. While it wasn't as good as I was hoping for it was a 21% improvement over my last race in January, lowering my time by almost 11 minutes.

My next scheduled run is a 4-miler on April 26th...the Kansas City Trolley Run. We will see if I can tack on that extra mile in the next three weeks.

Today marks the beginning of our second 12 week fitness program a work so I thought this would also make a good point to redouble my efforts staying raw.

I have been slipping here and there the last few weeks without having to face y'all as my accountability board. So if you can stand the volume of posts I am going to force myself to post consistently about what I eat. I may not group things by meal but I will try to post any new recipes I try out.

So today:

3 bananas
Peanut Butter Chew Larabar
almonds
Salsa Soup
Apple Pie Larabar
almonds
Horchata Slushie...no, not raw. A moment of celebratory weakness.

Tomorrow is another day so we shall see how it goes. Until then, be excellent to each other...

No comments:

Post a Comment