Monday, October 4, 2010

Tea time, miles completed & a fine day off

Greetings friends, family and thrill seekers. How in the world did you manage to find this blog? :)

I made use of some of my stockpiled PTO and made it a three day weekend. I've come to the conclusion that I need to take a few more of those.

The Bad
It has been a week since the last post; I have shamed myself into action. For shame that I skipped out on running all week for being too tired or letting other things postpone my run. For shame that I spent the last week eating so poorly that I refused to do the weigh in on Wednesday.

As well as The Good
I joined my buddy J.R.'s KC Outdoor Adventuring Meetup group. Between Saturday and Sunday I spent 6 hours hiking out in the woods mushroom hunting. While I am certainly poorly equipped for the off the beaten path activities I had a great time doing it. We are already discussing taking climbers instruction classes for bouldering and tentatively thinking about a group skydiving day. One of our members has over 1000 jumps under her belt.

While out hunting yesterday I found a choice wild Reishi mushroom on the base of a stump sticking 4 inches out of the ground. After doing a water fast all day while it was brewing I am tonight sipping Reishi Tea as I compose this post. While I have had it before this is the first batch I have ever made. J.R said I found enough to make about 5 batches (gallons) so I will be enjoying it for a while.



I did remember to bring the Forerunner to record a track log the 2nd day out. We made it two miles in a couple hours. Wish I would have remembered the 1st day when we were out almost 4 hours across the lake to the southeast shown below.


I also got a run in this afternoon. I could tell that I had not went out in a week. That is OK though because everything goes in cycles. I get another chance to improve.


After all else is said and done today I went to the store tonight and got 3# of apples and 2# of grapes. I am going to try and get more raw again. The carb-cycling thing worked ok but I am not feeling the energetic 'uplift' I did when I was last on the raw eating way.

Now, what to do with those three dozen eggs in the fridge...

'Til next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment