Sunday, March 1, 2009

Day 29?

Day 29 you say? What kind of 28 day challenge is this? I'm going for the bonus points. What do you think folks, should I keep posting these entries as long as the weight loss and health improvements keep up? It is day 29 and I'm still going...

I did have one small indulgence today. I had half a slice of my mother's home made bread...water, flour, salt and yeast. I figured with a month under my belt I could treat myself a touch.

This last Wednesday I had the opportunity to hear Kevin Gianni from The Renegade Health Show speak here in Overland Park on their nationwide tour. One point he made is that we can't keep ourselves so rigid in our diet/WOE that we deny ourselves all pleasure in life. Do the best you can and take a portion of your consumed food and allocate it for fun. Don't worry about if it does or does not meet the dogmatic confines of your diet. Just take that 5% or 10% and enjoy now and then.

Exercise
-none-

Food
Breakfast
Cherry Pie Larabar

Lunch
salad
frozen fruit- mango, pineapple, papaya, strawberries, blueberries

Snack
Apple Pie Larabar

Dinner
smoothie - cashew butter, kale, apple, banana, goji berries, water

No comments:

Post a Comment