Sunday, March 1, 2009

Health Assessment

I was debating whether to post these but since you are observing my raw journey you might appreciate some quantitative numbers. Keep it to yourselves though, we don't want this getting to the wrong people. :)

That said I really don't have any 'before' numbers other than that my blood pressure was 149/80 when I gave blood at work right around Christmas.

This week we had a health assessment as part of a wellness program at work. This included an 80 question lifestyle questionnaire on exercise, nutrition, habits, etc.. We also had a physical assessment where the technicians drew blood and ran the analysis for several tests.

Here are my particulars:

Height 6'-2"
Weight 284
Waist 46"
BP 130/80 (a pretty quick reading, I should get another one)
Glucose 91
Total Cholesterol 152
HDL Cholesterol 37
LDL Cholesterol 88
Ratio TC/HDL 4.0
Triglycerides 130
BMI 36.5
Body Fat 34.8%

I would say those look pretty good for a guy who a month ago would go out to buffet lunches 4 days a week. A typical day would be 4-5 plates of pizza with 4-6 pieces each or 15 tacos at the all-you-can-eat-taco day.

Maybe I will save the contrasts of my two ways of eating for another post...

No comments:

Post a Comment