Saturday, March 7, 2009

The experiment revisited

Hello all. It has been a week since the 'conclusion' of my 28 day raw experiment. From the last round of posts you saw the inches lost in the month of February. I apologize I never did get an official end-of-week 4 weight for you. The scale is at work and I wasn't.

As something of an anti-experiment but more to selfishly reward myself for sticking with it for a month this last week I have broken all the rules and tried eating cooked foods again and for the last couple days I have had meat in my diet as well. With that confession I have also made some observations. In less than a week the volume of cooked food that I am eating has grown to at least triple what I was eating raw. (I don't look it but I am slightly worried about the weigh-in on Monday) The other thing I noticed it that once I started having processed stuff I am having serious cravings for ALL the bad stuff that I shouldn't be having...fries, sauces, burgers, take out, buffets, everything that got me into the shape I was in before.

To that end, I am going to make it end again. With the possible exception of a vegetarian Indian lunch next week I am going to reboot the experiment for another 4 weeks. Making up week 9 I missed this week with my surgery recovery that leaves 4 weeks left in my fitness program at work as well. That would put the end of 28DRC:2 on April 5th.

This time around I am not going to make so many posts. I don't envy those pro bloggers and can see why a lot of part timers completely quit. Honestly it becomes a chore after a while. For lack of material and inspiration I go months sometimes between posts on my other blog.

I remembered to bring my bigger memory card home from work so I will endeavor to post more video entries. The daily food & exercise stuff will more than likely go bye-bye unless I have a new recipe or something irregular happens. You guys can see what I had the last month; I'm not planning to change much from what you've seen the last month.

You guys are the readers of this blog. Do you want me to keep up the daily stuff or do something else? What do you want to see?

Soooo, I think I'll start this round tomorrow the same way as the 1st 4 weeks. A one day water and/or juice fast. And away we go...

No comments:

Post a Comment