Thursday, March 19, 2009

Larabars and the broken bod

Hi guys. It has been a few days since my last blathering and I figured a couple updates were in order.

1. I was going on about my running on Monday about how I made my 3 mile run goal. I decided to ignore and/or run around my remaining blister discomfort on Tuesday. I think all that got me was 2 more blisters on different parts of my feet. Grrr.

2. My sore back from early last week returned on Wednesday. One suspect cause could have been the change in my stride from the last two runs mentioned in #1. So my planned recovery day Wednesday has extended at least today and I figure the rest of this week just to be sure. Sorry Natalie...

3. I am taking the healing extra time because Saturday next week I am registered to run the 5k in the Olathe Marathon. I don't want to miss out on that one just for logging miles this week while injured. I've been training for two months now improving my run time for a race.

4. Ummm, yeah...I discovered that eating a cup+ of raw pumpkin seed kernels in one sitting will...keep you busy a few hours later. It was a shame it was the day after St. Patrick's Day. Note to self, self...don't do that again.

5. On a similar note this last weekend I discovered pretty quickly that my system can't handle cooked/processed hot stuff any more. I was at a salad bar and put pickled jalapenos & also their pico de gallo on my salad to kick it up a bit. The next day I added a little Chalula hot sauce to another salad to flavor it; I couldn't really even taste the heat. In both cases my guts were upset and had to made a beeline for the little room. I guess all the buffers and mucus and stuff are out of my system now since I went raw because I could eat all kinds of hot stuff before. Dad will tell you that hot stuff was almost a food group by itself for me. :(

At least I can still handle my own fresh salsa.

And last but not least, just for my own reference, I wanted to list the flavors of Larabars I've been having over the last couple weeks. These are raw food bars with a minimal ingredient list. I know there are sites that give recipes to reconstruct them on your own but I have a stack of wrappers here I would like to keep track of.

Pistachio - dates, pistachios, cashews
Banana Bread - almonds, dates, bananas
Apple Pie - dates, almonds, apples, walnuts, raisins, cinnamon
Pecan Pie - dates, pecans, almonds
Cherry Pie - dates, almonds, cherries
Key Lime Pie - dates, cashews, almonds, coconut, lime juice
Cinnamon Roll - dates, walnuts, almonds, raisins, cashews, cinnamon
Cocoa Mole - dates, almonds, walnuts, cocoa powder, cinnamon, chili
Ginger Snap - dates, almonds, pecans, ginger, cinnamon, cloves

No comments:

Post a Comment