Thursday, February 12, 2009

Day 12

I had something of an epiphany this afternoon. I was pondering the salad that I ate last night and it struck me that I really would not miss the commercial salad dressings that much if I gave them up. The basic vinegar and olive oil had a good taste. The veggies were not overwhelmed and had a nice flavor as well. I think I will have to withdraw one of my two raw challenge exceptions.

All that leaves is herbal tea.

Exercise
I decided to kick the intensity up a little more today by increasing my pace on the treadmill. I shaved another minute off my mile time, running 2 miles in 24 minutes. I noticed that the breathing was slightly harder at the end and that I hit my max heart rate today of 186. Oddly enough my legs were really not that tired.

All you fitness types out there. What do I work on, lower intensity aerobic cardio to get my heart rate down or keep pounding with the run while letting my fitness level catch up? What is the best way to increase running fitness?

Eating
Breakfast
banana
raw sunflower seeds

Lunch
3 bananas

Snack
Apple Pie Larabar (a raw snack bar)

Dinner
aromatic guacamole
celery

No comments:

Post a Comment