Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Day 17

I am beginning to see why so many bloggers post intermittently or quit altogether. It almost becomes a chore to chronicle things every day. What to say; what to post that can keep a blog interesting. I can't keep you coming back on sex appeal alone. Considering I haven't posted a picture, my rugged good looks won't do much good either.

Guess it will have to be the facts, just the facts ma'am.

One major thing that I feel is contributing to my weight loss is my food quantity consumed. Before I started the raw challenge it was the norm that I pretty much went to buffets most work days with the guys. Mexican, Chinese, pizza, Indian and the occasional salad buffet. I had serious thoughts about trying to break the all-you-could-eat-taco record of 24 but didn't want the guys waiting on me to head back to work (I made it up to 15 a couple times with appetite to spare).

One comment my Mom made a month or so back about a show she saw on lap band patients is that their bodies could run on just 4 ounces of food since that was the new restricted size of their stomachs. Between them and calorie restricted diet folks they thrive and survive on much less than the average person.

My daily volume of food consumed has dropped way down in the last two weeks from what it was. One additional conscious effort I am making is to have snacks and dinner to keep my metabolism high. Before I would hit the buffets at lunch and still be stuffed at night so I would skip dinner. I may be having less now but I do think I am eating better.

Exercise
My goal is to do a 5-day streak this week to get my 4 workouts in and make up the 1 from last week I missed. I got my 2 miles in today but it was a bit more effort involved. It could have been a couple factors in the mix: the attendant at the YMCA said it was hotter in the building today than yesterday. The other thing I considered is that I only got about 6 hours of sleep last night so perhaps my workout recovery was not complete.

There's Food?
It was a weird day today related to food. I just kinda grazed all day, no structured meals at all.

Breakfast/Snack
banana
almonds
a date before the run

Lunch/Snack
dates
banana
sunflower seeds

Dinner
a small glass of Green Lemonade from the batch I juiced
small amount of salsa 'soup' from the batch I made for tomorrow
celery tops and cuttings I had while making the above

If I want to try for my 8 hours of rest tonight for my workout recovery I had better cut this short. I say that of course as I type one of my longer posts...go figure. Catch you tomorrow everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment