Thursday, February 19, 2009

Day 19

You know what I just discovered I am? I am a culinary hypocrite. I just got home from a Green Drinks meeting where the topic was CSAs; that is community supported agriculture if you didn't know. You basically purchase a share of the harvest from a farmer and get a portion of it doled out every week as it ripens throughout the growing season. Anyway, it was important enough to me to make an hour round trip drive time and participate in a Meetup group I have not ever attended since I became a member more than 8 months ago.

Why am I a hypocrite? I hadn't had dinner yet and with nothing in the apartment to eat I stopped at the store on the way home. What did I purchase? Honduran bananas, Chilean grapes and Greek figs. So much for grown local, grown fresh.

The good news is that I now have a bunch of CSA resources to look through so I can help support a local farmer or two.

Exercise
I made my 24 minutes running today with no troubles. I kicked the pace up another 1/10th of a mile so I cut 30 seconds off my 2 mile time. I can't decide whether I want to increase the pace or run longer tomorrow...it is the last workout of the week. Guess I'll figure it out when I get there.

Food
Breakfast
a bunch of red grapes

Snack
Cashew Cookie Larabar (cashews, dates)

Lunch
salsa soup

Snack
Chocolate Coconut Chew Larabar (dates, almonds, walnuts, cocoa powder, coconut)
gala apple

Dinner
another bunch of red grapes

No comments:

Post a Comment