Thursday, February 5, 2009

Day 5

It was a so-so day today. I wasn't my perky self or having my usual spark today. I don't know if I was exercising too much too soon or if I didn't get a big enough caloric intake for dinner last night but I felt kinda tired all day. If dinner was the culprit then I should be bouncing off the walls tomorrow cuz I'm stuffed at the moment.

Here in KC it is suppose to be windy and 68 tomorrow so I plan to get outside in the nice weather to soak up some rays for a bit. Y'all know that scene in Superman Returns where he flies up above the clouds to recharge in the sun before attacking the kryptonite landmass in the last dramatic scene? I fancy myself doing the same thing in the breeze and sunlight. Just close your eyes and feel the heat on your skin, energizing you. Make like a Jedi and draw your strength from the Force that surrounds you and all living things.

As an aside, I noticed last June when I did a fruit-centered 80-10-10 diet for a month that I could tolerate the heat of summer a lot better and my fair Irish skin did not seem to burn as much either. Maybe it was because I wasn't covered in an oily sheen from my old diet but I found that just as impressive as my boost in energy.

Exercise
As I said I wasn't feeling especially energetic so I did a light workout according to this week's plan. I did a brisk walk for my time at a Zone 2 heart rate intensity level. In my case Zone 2 is 138-150 beats per minute. Figured I would give my legs a little breather.

Food
Breakfast
peach tea
gala apple

Lunch
medjool dates
gala apples

Dinner
freshly made guacamole with
baby carrots
celery
water

No comments:

Post a Comment