Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Day 18

One thing about trying to blog the perceived changes that you go through on something like a month long challenge is I am noticing that I don't really pay that much attention to the little things happening to me throughout the day. We tend to get in the work zone and block out external stimulus that does not apply to solving the current problem.

That said I have noticed a few things today:
  • I am getting more leg clearance under the steering wheel of my truck. Kinda cool, I must be getting toned.
  • My, ehem, love handles are shrinking. I see that as a sign of more smaller jeans before long. Pretty soon the song I just don't look good naked any more won't apply.
  • My XXL shirts are looking a little baggy on me.
  • It is nice getting into my smaller jeans this week.
  • I feel restless if I can't make it to work out on my regular schedule. (I had to go this evening instead of my lunch break)
  • I appear to be growing a neck! :)
It is the little things you notice along the way that help to give you the confidence and will power to continue when you really want to eat something bad.

Exercise
Day 3 of my mini-streak is in the books although a bit later than I had planned. We had an exercise watch emergency today and I had to give mine up until late this afternoon. I got my 2 miles in tonight with the usual effort. I did have a time drag around 8 minutes in but must have caught my second wind for the rest.

Food
Breakfast
green lemonade

Snack
green grapes

Lunch
salsa 'soup' (fresh salsa with more tomatoes added)

Snack
green grapes
sunflower seeds

Dinner
green lemonade
some celery dipped in:
raw mock ranch dressing (a new recipe...I've gotta cut the salt and/or lemon juice in half next time, whoo)

kinda light tonight...either the saltiness killed my hunger or it could have just been this evening's exercise suppressing my appetite

No comments:

Post a Comment