Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Day 4

Last week there was a post over on Zen Habits entitled 10 Reasons Eating Raw is Healthier For You and the Planet. While from my past experience with eating raw I can identify with most of the author's points what really struck me was the quantity and ferocity of the comments.

People are very passionate about food and all sides are staunch defenders of their points of view. While I will let you read my comment on the towards the bottom on Jan. 30th just remember each of us is different. What works best for one may not work for another, the raw foodies, the cooked crowd and the moderates alike. That is a small reason why I started this blog, to show one person's experience and what I did to achieve it.

Exercise
Today I still had the Energizer Batteries in me somewhere and just let the treadmill go. After my 3 minute warm up I set my jog pace and went for 22 minutes straight. I finished off the 30 minutes with a cool down walk. It is interesting considering last week I was doing good to make it 8 minutes jogging eating the SAD diet. No foot pains today so the running socks helped. (Thanks Mom!) :)

Eating
Breakfast
Sweet & Spicy Tea
medjool dates

Snack
raw sunflower nuts

Lunch
medjool dates
gala apples

Dinner
Energizing/Vitalizing raw herbal drink by my friend Brandon at the Herbal Infusion Tonic Bar in Overland Park...


This drink has water, goji berries, agave nectar, cacao powder, Chinese medicinal herbs and bunch of other good-for-you ingredients that I can't remember at the moment. Yummy.

As a side note, I know it isn't "official" but according to YMCA scale I am down another 6 lbs from my post run weigh in on Sunday. Not bad for 3 days; next Monday should be fun. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment