Monday, February 2, 2009

Feb 2, Day 2

The at-work kick-off of my challenge seemed to be a fair success today. I told several coworkers that I plan to be raw for a month but other than a couple raised eyebrows only one had any real negativity to express. It was more of an atmosphere of everybody teasing me about the great restaurants they were going to go to this week. Are you sure you don't want to come with us? Those devils!

The closest non-raw thing to tempt me today was a bag of roasted sunflower seeds. All that reminds me to do is take the raw sunflower nuts I have here to work in the morning. Problem solved.

I have not gotten the new workout plan for the week yet so it looks like I get a night off unless I feel especially energetic. Yeah, no; I've a blog post to write. I have not mentioned it yet but the 12-week program has me doing cardio for a minimum of 30 minutes 4 times a week.

Weigh-In
As I mentioned in my last post Mondays are the "official" weigh-in days for the fitness program. We are using one of those fancy scales that you operate barefoot and it will also take a body fat percentage reading. I do not know the model or manufacturer but I can post it later if you ask.

In my intro I confessed that two weeks ago I weighed 315. That is true. I do however have a total of 3 readings to share today.

1/19/09 - Official Starting Weight
Weight - 315
BF% - 34.9

1/26/09
Weight - 309
BF% - 37.7

2/02/09
Weight - 302
BF% - 39.5

So there you go. For the last two weeks I am down 13 lbs. Perhaps I was a little premature to complain about my weight loss. While that is certainly nothing to sneeze at I do find it interesting that my body fat percentage is going up. So what does that tell me? I've lost 4.1% of my body weight in the last two weeks but by body fat went up 4.6%. You saw my month-to-month measurement post. BF% is a new item for me to track. Am I breaking down leg muscle mass with the exercise and not regaining it? Do I need to add upper body resistance training?

Arnold Schwarzenegger said when he competed in bodybuilding that he tried for symmetry by getting his calves to be the same size as his biceps. I have a ways to go, the opposite direction...my biceps have to catch up with my calves. :)

Day 2
After the weigh-in came the food, today I stuck to the plan.

Breakfast:
2 Black Plums

Snack:
Good Earth Original Sweet & Spicy Tea (decaf)
dried Goji berries

Lunch
Large organic spring mix salad with...
radish
grape tomatoes
green onion
yellow onion
hemp seed
Zesty Italian dressing

water

Snack
more dried Goji berries

Dinner
Jicama Fries

Until tomorrow friends. My Jicama is calling to me...

No comments:

Post a Comment