Sunday, February 1, 2009

Who, What & Why

Who am I?
Hi all, my name is Jim Snider and as of two weeks ago I was 315 lbs. I feel like I'm in a 12 step program with an intro like that. Anyway...I am a software engineer at a well known consumer electronics company in the Kansas City metro area. I am a single, 34 year old guy who since the age of 8 has struggled with my weight.

What am I doing and why?
A few friends know that I am trying to reinvent myself this year. The end of February will see me, no pun intended, getting PRK eye surgery. I am also currently participating in a 12 week fitness program administered by my friend Natalie through work to get myself back into shape...but 4 weeks into it I am not seeing the weight loss that I am looking for.

Here is my experiment. I am challenging myself to go raw or as close as possible for the next 28 days.

I know it is very Morgan Spurlock of me but I want to see how my health and weight do in a month along with my ongoing exercise program. I will attempt to log the daily foods that I eat and note my exercise as well since I am accountable to Natalie for that already. More posts on those later.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck Jim! Tell those lunch buddies to back off! :-)
    Dan

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will not back off! Some days you just don't know where to go and Jim has to be there to suggest Indian buffet, Chinese, or Oklahoma Joes. Don't worry though, we just won't let him come with us. ;)
    -Justin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, maybe this blog should be called 28 Day Later... you know so it has the horror/zombie feel to it. Make the background bloodred with the biohazard symbol everywhere. I think "raw food" is somewhat embodied by the biohazard symbol. Haha, just kidding. Stay strong.
    -Justin (aka Gangsta J)

    ReplyDelete