Friday, February 13, 2009

Day 13

Welcome to Friday the 13th. Hopefully everybody's luck is holding out today with no scariness in sight.

The food item for the day is...buttered popcorn. Yes, the office mates tempted me this morning by having popcorn. Pure torture; cruel and unusual punishment on a Friday no less. I've come to the conclusion that smell invokes a conditioned Pavlovian response in us for all the years we grew up going to the movies and watching videos at home.

Exercise
Well it finally happened. My luck ran out today (no pun intended). I was looking for it but it hit me right smack in the face. The Wall.

I noticed that about five minutes into the run today that it seemed a bit harder from yesterday but at the 15 minute mark I just could not maintain my run pace. I pretty much had to walk out the rest of my time today.

I shouldn't be upset and I'm not really. I've went from 7 minutes @ 4.5mph to 24 minutes @ 5.0mph in two weeks. That is a pretty huge performance jump in a short time.

Was it overtraining in the short term? Could it be the Restasis drops the Doc put me on for my PRK surgery in two weeks? He also had me start vitamin C and E suppliments to offset the immunosuppressant properties of the drops. This is day 3 for those additions & I am noticing a little runny nose. Obviously I am eating about the same foods from last week. So what was the root cause today?

The Chow Line
Breakfast
2 bananas

Snack
Cherry Pie Larabar

Lunch
celery
guacamole

Snack
Cherry Pie Larabar

Dinner
celery
baby carrots
guacamole

No comments:

Post a Comment