Saturday, February 7, 2009

Day 7

Today marks the 1 week point of my 28 day challenge. While I admit I've had more than one temptation I've managed to avoid giving in to them.

Today I attended an event put on by my friend Brandon from one of the Raw Food Meetup groups here in Kansas City. His class today was entitled Herbal Alchemy 101, Creating the Ultimate Elixir. It was cool stuff, making a drink with vitalized, structured water, mesquite powder, goji berries, cacao powder, coconut oil, chia seeds, stevia and concentrated medicinal herbs. Brandon is an amazing source of knowledge...if you are in the area I would highly encourage you to come check him out or visit his tonic bar. Maybe next week I can record the audio.

Exercise
Nothing today. I have gotten my four sessions in for the week and will take the weekends off unless I have a race or get behind schedule.

Bring on the Food
Breakfast
-none-, I overslept

Lunch
A general health, chocolate cacao drink prepared by Brandon.

Snack
Tried some raw sauerkraut at Whole Foods after Brandon's presentation
Infinitea Kombucha Tea - an interesting taste experience but, pardon the pun, not my cup of tea. I purchased it at Whole Foods.

Dinner
Big honkin' salad - uh, I'm stuffed:
Romaine Mix with carrot and red cabbage
broccoli
mushroom
bell pepper strips
cucumber
tomato
red and white onion
celery
radish
hemp seed

Bubbies Sauerkraut
- I liked it so well I bought a jar...its good. Just cabbage, water and salt.

No comments:

Post a Comment