Monday, February 9, 2009

Day 9

Welcome to week 2 of the Ricky Rudd Driving School. Just kidding.

Well if you saw my other post today you will see that I managed to misplace another 8 pounds this week. If you happen to find them somewhere, well, you can keep 'em. I don't want them back.

I attended an Eckhart Tolle meetup group this evening where we had a discussion on chapter 1 of his book The Power of Now. One topic discussed the separation of the pleasure/pain body from the emotion of joy experienced by remaining in the present moment. Do you think that when we fixate on a 'diet' and experience success with a certain methodology of eating or exercise that we set ourselves up for failure by expecting our success to continue over and over again? I know I am being unrealistic but I don't want my rate of loss to slow down. I know it will happen and when it does I will probably be irritated. 21 lbs in 3 weeks is a pretty good accomplishment but I don't think I can keep up the pace indefinitely. Not that I plan to slow down but it isn't very realistic to expect it to continue like it has.

Exercise
I was chasing my tail today with appointments, meetings and meetups so I did not make it for my run. Looks like a 4 day mini-streak this week.

Food, what food?
With everything going on I didn't get around to eating much today...
4 gala apples
some raw sauerkraut
32oz water


Tomorrow's lunch salad is pre-made and in the fridge.

I know there are at least a few folks reading the blog. I notice that my diary/log style posts are pretty dry and do not express much entertainment or informational substance. Are there any questions you have of me or something you would like me to watch for or pay attention to? Energy levels, physical or behavioral characteristics?

No comments:

Post a Comment